April 29, 2010
Posted by on
Welcome to the first sneak peek of Lawn Fawn Stamps’ set, Just My Type!
I used some of my favorite products, Quickie Glue Pen (for easy paper piecing), Martha Stewart glitter, and a Hambly Screen Prints Overlay that mirrors the round typewriter keys! Be sure to check out The Lawn Fawn Blog and the rest of the Design Team for more sneak peeks:
Lawn Fawn Design Team:
- Lawn Fawn Stamps, Just My Type Stamp Set
- Hambly Screen Prints Overlay, Little Circles
- Quartet Cork Sheets
- Gina K. Designs Kraft Cardstock
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
- Close To My Heart watermelon Cardstock
- Prima Marketing Designer Paper, Flights of Fancy, faith
- Memento Ink
- Distress Ink, Scattered Straw
- Martha Stewart Black Glitter
- Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
- Stampin Up Top Note Die
- Stampin Up Spiral Notebook Punch
- Black Satin Ribbon
- Basic Grey Black Button
- Kaisercraft Rhinestone
- Create card from overlay.
- Adhere top note die to the top of the card, folding excess over the fold at the top.
- Tie bow around the card, trim ends, and add button with rhinestone.
- Stamp typewriter 3 times: on designer paper, on pink cardstock, and on white cardstock.
- Trim typewriter base image and rotary part from pink and adhere on top of the stamped image on the designer paper.
- Trim paper image from white cardstock, ink distress the edges, stamp sentiment, and piece on top of the designer paper. Add rotary part on top of pieced paper image.
- Border punch white cardstock and ink distress.
- Mat main image panel with cork and adhere over white punched cardstock.
- Adhere panel in the center of the cardfront.
April 22, 2010
Posted by on
Earth Day Mini Gift Bags
HELLO! Long time, no see! Thanks for visiting me from Kelly’s Blog for the Torendi Earth Day Hop!
I am pretty much settled into our new home in Alabama! And what a way to kick off my induction back into the craft world than with a Torendi Earth Day Post!!!?
I used the Torendi’s Fresh Mix Kit to adorn these mini gift bags from Target. Inside of the gift bag is a $1 Spot Find- mini plant pots! These are super fast and easy to make too!
- Torendi Fresh Mix Kit
- Target gift bags, $1 Spot plant pots, and crinkle shreds.
- Crop-a-dial, Fiskars pinking shears, Fiskars Crimper
- Scor-tape (1/2″)
- Martha Stewart Glitter
- Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphabet stickers
Inside each Earth Day Tag, I’ve included an environmental tip:
- Allow grass clippings to stay on the lawn, instead of bagging them. The cut grass will decompose and return to the soil naturally.
- eCycle it! Take your old computer, DVD player, or other electronics to an electronics recycling center.
- Compost it! Compost helps improve soil so it holds more water and plants grow better.
You can view these and other tips at the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Website!
Torendi’s Fresh Mix Kit Contents:
- 3 12 x 12 pieces of American Crafts Cardstock
- 2 12 x 12 pieces of Cosmo Cricket Strawberry Fields Patterned Paper
- 2 12 x 12 pieces of Cosmo Cricket Tossed Salad Patterned Paper
- 2 Shinzi Katoh Today Stamps (Bee and Mushroom)
- 3 handmade veggie felties. (1 corn and 2 tomatoes)
- 1 yard ribbon
- 4 wooden mini clips
- 5 kraft coin envelopes
- 1 ft Shinzi Katoh 12mm Strawberry Linen Tape
Now, please return to the Torendi Blog for your next stop in the hop!