Welcome to The Rubber Cafe/Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft blog hop! If you’ve just joined us today and would like to start the blog hop from the beginning, simply click on The Rubber Cafe blog to begin. If you’ve come here from Michelle Pearson’s blog, you are in the right place!
For this blog hop, we will be showcasing project ideas, inspiration, and tutorials featuring fabulous products you won’t want to miss! Hop along with us as we work with products from these great companies:
The Rubber Cafe
The Rubber Cafe is a stamp manufacturer of high quality, deeply etched stamps and other fine paper crafting tools and accessories. All of our beautiful stamps are made right here in the USA in sunny San Diego, California! Visithttp://www.therubbercafe.com today to view their complete product line!
I used the following Rubber Cafe Products: small paisley dragonfly, grass, Pugnacious Signature Paper (white), Lil’ Inkers
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft
Faber-Castell was founded more than 240 years ago in Germany as a pencil manufacturer. Today Faber-Castell is world renowned for its high quality, innovative products. Too see Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft’s complete product line, visit http://www.designmemorycraft.com today!
1. Stamp grass and dragonfly onto die-cut white cardstock in black Stamper’s Big Brush Marker Ink. Stamp dragonfly again on a scratch piece of white cardstock.
2. Using the Aquarelle Art Grip Watercolor Pencils, color images and then use a fine paintbrush to add water. Cut Dragonfly and adhere with foam squares.
3. On a plastic palette, color down a little ink from the Stamper’s Big Brush Markers in Cobalt Blue & Light Cobalt Turquoise. Add water to dilute and then using the foam Lil’ Inkers tool, create background. Use the Black Stippling Brush to add patches of dark blue texture. You can also paint splatter like I did!
4. Color down some pigment from the Aquarelle Art Grip Watercolor Pencils that you used onto the palette as well. Water down and flick some of the color leading up to the dragonfly.
5. Add a shadow around the dragonfly with the brush-tipped PITT Artist Pen in Cold Grey I.
6. Burnish Kaisercraft sentiment (Rubons-Friends), mat main image panel in navy, and then adhere to patterned paper card base.
For your next stop on the hop, you’ll be visiting Kristine Reynolds.
Don’t forget to leave a comment on each manufacturer and designer’s blog for a chance to win great prizes such as:
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft will be giving away a $50 prize pack, and The Rubber Cafe will be giving away TWO $25 gift certificates!
The blog hop contest will be open until midnight June 10th and the winners will be announced on June 12th on the company’s blogs.
Thanks so much for stopping by,